Just like any other website operator, you probably want your own website to be found high up in the search engines for certain search terms. The evaluation of the websites and the resulting ranking within the search results has changed several times over the years and is extremely complex.
Nevertheless, there are unique characteristics of your website that influence the rating. This includes the so called PageSpeed value from Google. PageSpeed measures the speed at which a website loads when viewed. The name is derived from Google PageSpeed Insights , a page load time measurement tool. PageSpeed has an enormous influence on the ranking and thus the success of websites.
VCX³ provides you with your PageSpeed valueVCX³ determines this value for your website statistics every day, so that you can always keep an eye on it and (if necessary) improve it.
Why is the PageSpeed value important?
- The slower your website loads, the higher the bounce rate of your visitors - in other words: the more visitors leave your website. According to a study by Google, the so-called bounce rate increases by about a third after 1 second. In 6 seconds it already doubles!
- Online stores that load very quickly attract more customers and make more sales! The faster a shop loads, the more likely it is that users will become paying customers. Online giant Amazon reduced its loading time by just 0.1 seconds, increasing its conversion rate by 1 percent. Zalando did the same and achieved 0.7 percent more profit!
- Google prefers fast-loading websites! Since 2010, loading speed has been part of Google's algorithm for determining rankings. With PageSpeed Insights, the search engine giant provides a tool for measuring the loading time. Since 2018, the mobile loading time counts for the ranking.
- Many users are now mobile! In 2017, for the first time, more people used the internet via mobile devices than via stationary ones. In Germany, mobile bandwidths still lag behind the speeds of house connections. For website operators, this means that they must also optimize their offer for mobile use.
- A decisive step ahead of the competition! Many website operators have not yet recognized the page loading time as an important parameter. Only 5 percent of the most visited websites in Germany load under 1 second. By focusing on fast loading times you can be one step ahead of the competition.